Our schedule has changed many times since we have started doing ministry in China. I often write down our schedule to think about what we need to change and do better. I also like hearing from others about their ministry schedules because it gives me new ideas. (Comment and share yours below.)
We have tried many things, and through trial and error, here is what our current ministry schedule looks like (this isn’t an entire daily schedule but just the weekly scheduled ministry events):
- Monday-Friday morning from 9:00-13:00 we host seminary classes (Chinese) at the church.
- Wednesday evening from 18:30-20:00 we have a meal and small group Bible studies (Chinese/English) at the church. Currently, we have four groups. Two of the groups are Chinese only and two of the groups are a mix of English and Chinese. I teach a Chinese group and it is specifically for married couples.
- Friday night outreach 17:30-finished (Chinese). We often try to get together with others in the church to share a meal together and get to know them on a more personal level. We have started hosting these in our house so the whole family can be involved.
- (Saturday is our day off now.)
- Sunday is broken down as the following:
- From 9:00-10:15 we have Kids’ Bible Club (Chinese/English). The kids club is bilingual for outreach purposes. The English is the draw but the Chinese is used to make sure everyone understands the lessons.
- From 9:30-10:15 we have Adult Sunday School (Chinese). Currently, we have two classes.
- From 10:30-11:30 we have morning worship (Chinese).
- From 11:30-12:00 we have a quick lunch at the church.
- From 12:00-1:00 we have afternoon worship (Chinese).
- From 19:00-20:00 we have an English corner outreach (English).