Below are praises and prayer requests for this month:
- We are well into our summer semester with the two couples (4 full-time students). We have already completed 4 modular style classes this summer and are working on at least one more. Please continue to pray for these students as they grow in the Lord.
- We hosted a group from Vision Baptist Church. They were a blessing to our church and our students. We were blessed to have one of the pastors and deacons teach classes for us while they were here. They were also four young men considering missions and/or where God would have them serve. Pray for direction in their lives as they do all they can to serve the Lord.
- We have been researching different locations and searching for a building to launch our second church plant in October of this year. Please continue to pray with us for wisdom to make the right decisions and for the souls in that area to be humbled and saved by the gospel.
- We are excited to announce that we are expecting twins! After dealing with some infertility issues at the beginning of this year, the Lord blessed my wife with conceiving not one but two babies. They are due in January.
- My wife and our two oldest daughters made a safe trip to the USA and back to China for a little over a week to visit with family. It had been several years since they have been back and we didn’t have a furlough scheduled when we planned the trip for them. They had a wonderful trip and we praise the Lord for keeping them safe and allowing us these little blessings.
- Furlough 2018—as we look to the future, we are planning, Lord willing, to take our first year-long furlough on August 10, 2018. This will put us at eight years exactly from the day we left. We left with 1 child and, Lord willing, we will be returning with 5. This furlough will allow us to raise more support for the growing ministry here, present our ministry in many new churches, report back to our supporters, allow us to reconnect with family and friends, allow our children to experience American life (all of them have spent more time in China than the USA), and give us a break from the demands of the mission field. Our home base for our time back will be near our home church in Alpharetta, GA. Even though this is more than a year away, if you are interested in booking us, please send an email.
- Our teammates who were here studying the language moved to Shanghai this past month. The church had a send-off service for them as they stepped out to into a new phase of life and ministry. I am thankful for the church being so loving towards them. We look forward to having two more families come to learn the language and train near the end/beginning of the year.
- I am writing this prayer letter as I am returning from Vision Baptist Missions’ Asia Regional Conference. This was technically the first of its kind and was hosted in Nepal. The conference was a huge blessing as we received encouragement, counseling, and training. My wife and I were both able to attend as our children stayed in China. We are blessed to be a part of a mission board who loves us and provides continuing care for us while we are serving on the field.
Thank you! We know that we couldn’t do anything without the help of God’s people. Thank you for giving, praying and being a part of our team, Project China. We are especially fond of you!